Friday, November 24, 2017

Happy New Year 2014...Year of the Horse

Aloha from Hawaii

Jim and I celebrated Christmas Eve with our friend Kay, Ingrid and her family. Ingrid and helpers prepared a delicious traditional Christmas dinner for our party of twelve-roasted turkey, homemade stuffing, ham with all the fixings and dessert of course, at the house on the hill, Garden Villa. We always enjoy spending time with this gang and grateful for Ingrid's thoughtfulness to include our friend Kay.

At the end of December, we moved back up to Garden Villa, house overlooking Diamond Head, from Kailua house and will be here for another month or so...we will go back and forth between the two houses partly to break up the time. Being close to Waikiki and Honolulu has its advantages especially for the restaurants and activities although it is a longer drive to work for Jim. One day a week I drive into Kailua with Jim to have wheels and get in a morning beach walk-run as I do miss my morning beach routine even though the hills here are quite a workout, too!

I am an official class member of the "plein air" painting class this semester which started last Saturday and will go until mid April. My Soltek easel was delivered from the mainland at Christmas time so now it is true...I am a painter for real!!! I still find the task of oil painting daunting but I will continue to pursue my passion!

The weather has been on the chilly side these last few weeks on the hill but not as chilly as most of you from what I understand! Good to see a lot of you enjoying the pleasures of winter snow with weekend skiing and snowshoeing...gotta take advantage of whatever is presented to us right?!

Jim's cousin Rhetta and her husband Steve will visit for a week at the beginning of March and at end of the month, Jim and I are going to take three days to visit the island of Lanai. We are told there is little to do but relax and we are advised to rent a jeep to get around this small island...all sounds good to us!

Take care, everyone, until next time. See you in the spring!





No comments:

Post a Comment